“A very great vision is needed, and the one who has it must follow it as the eagle seeks the deepest blue of the sky.”
-Crazy Horse, born Dec 4th
This month’s video highlights some of the thoughts swirling in my mind. As 2021 comes to an end, I am spending more time in contemplation, listening more than speaking. I hear my thoughts dancing in my head and preparing me for 2022. And I have lots of wonderful things brewing for you. Looking forward to sharing more soon.
Finally, thank you so much for being a part of my Moon Magic blog community. I bring the Moon and you bring the Magic. Wishing you and yours a healthy, happy Holiday Season. “I salute the light within your eyes where the whole universe dwells.”
In Love and Light,Monique
It is December and the year is coming to an end. As unbelievable as this may sound, the reality is that we have 27 days left in 2021. In these few days, the cosmos has an action packed line up for us including today’s New Moon Solar Eclipse in Sagittarius.
If you are a regular reader of this blog, first a big ‘thank you very much.’ Next you have heard this bit about eclipse in past posts. It is worth repeating, though.
According to NASA, “Sometimes when the Moon orbits Earth, the Moon moves between the Sun and Earth. When this happens, the Moon blocks the light of the Sun from reaching Earth. This causes an eclipse of the Sun, or a solar eclipse. During a solar eclipse, the Moon casts a shadow onto Earth.”
Eclipses block light and give the Moon an opportunity to casts our Shadow side in front of our path. Eclipses are often about the important life patterns that drives our life but are usually challenging to recognize.
External events that take place on or around eclipses typically push us to close a chapter on these subconscious habits. What happens around an eclipse is usually final. Therefore, it is best to wait to make any dramatic decisions until you can see more clearly.
The New Moon Solar eclipse arrives Saturday, December 4th 2:42 am ET at 12 degrees Sagittarius and reminds us that on some level, we are still in the dark. Remember we are not seeing the entire picture with an eclipse so rash actions work only if you are content with not looking back.
A part of our internal angst is that Sagittarius is bright and bold by nature. It is one of three fire signs. Fire signs are about our energy, passion, motivation and drive. Fire signs are about what fuel us and keeps our inner light burning.
Think of Aries as the freshly lit match. It sparks quickly and burns out just as fast. Think of Leo as the fireplace that brings warmth and protection to the home. Sagittarius is the blaze. It is that big energy that has no boundaries. Sagittarius is the explorer, the adventurer, the sage and the freedom fighter.
For the last 19 months, we are in process of renegotiating our Freedom. With this New Moon we can re-examine priorities for the next step in our lives. As we search for the light in the dark, once again, we can ask, “What more do I need to release to live a life that empowers me?” “What else do I need to surrender now?
Sagittarius is the seeker of truth. It is where we apply knowledge and elevate it into wisdom. As we ask these questions, infuse the bold Sagittarius energy into the soul search. Sherlock Holmes got excited about what seems an unsolvable mystery, he would say, “Watson, the game is afoot.” With this New Moon Solar Eclipse, we too, step into the dark mysteries of our subconscious mind. Indeed, my Beloved, our Freedom is afoot.
To begin our search look back to what started May and June 2020.
- Cosmic Clue #1 goes back to May 2020. At this time, the lunar nodes moved into Gemini (north node) and Sagittarius (south node). The Lunar nodes are mathematical points in our chart that speaks to our purpose and path.
They are often referred to as our karmic path as the north node relates to our life’s purpose and the south node speaks to our natural talents as well as baggage that we need to let go of this lifetime. With a Sagittarius Solar Eclipse and Sagittarius in the south node this is an energetic and karmic push to let that ‘stuff’ go.
- Cosmic Clue #2 can be found around June 5th 2020, when we also had a lunar eclipse 15 degrees Sagittarius. This timeframe brought to our attention the ‘stuff’ that is the key to our Freedom. And now with this New Moon we get to end a chapter and close the door behind us.
- Cosmic Clue #3 can be found at what happened 2 weeks ago with the lunar eclipse. We dove deeply into our emotions and chose to be authentic with our feelings. So what or who showed up emotionally for us then? Did we honor our feelings? Did we loving let go of people, places and things that no longer feed our soul?
- Cosmic Clue #4 in our natal chart. Look for what house is ruled by Sagittarius. The theme of this house will tell us where we need to create more Freedom. The Activity at the end of this blog will help you too.
One important thing, my friend. Do not worry if it feels like you are standing in the dark and confused. Eclipses are pattern interrupts and often leave us wobbly on the feet. In addition, on Dec 1st Neptune goes direct and blurs reality a bit. Mercury is presently in Sagittarius bringing its go, go, go energy. It can leave us mentally overloaded and gives us the sense that we are spinning our wheels. Take it easy. Breathe. Stand still and stand tall.
As the small still voice in my head reminded me during a recent meditation, ‘If you feel confused, it means you have choices. Stand in gratitude for choices even if you are unclear or fearful about which one to choose right now.” Right now, follow the feeling of the vision even when the light is eclipsed. When the light returns, take that vision to the deepest blue of the sky.
From now until Dec 13th, especially Dec 7th, take time to sit in the dark and confusion. How do we do that exactly? Make space in your mind and home by decluttering. This is also the best time to relax your to-do list and to amp up activities like meditation and creative pursuits. Use the holiday season to get into the spirit and spend more time with friends and family that uplift you and your dreams.
You will get more cosmic support on Dec 13th when Mars moves to Sagittarius and Mercury moves to Capricorn. At this point, and we will begin to get more mentally grounded and will be better focused on what structures we need to put in place to create the Freedom we would like for 2022 and beyond.
On the 21st, the Winter Solstice arrives and the Light begins to return. Spend time to honor it within yourself and in others. And in the words of the OG Freedom Fighter, Crazy Horse, “I salute the light within your eyes where the whole universe dwells. For when you are at that center within you and I am at that place within me, we shall be one.”
Here’s to the Freedom of honoring and owning that crazy bright Light within.
New Moon Rituals
I highly recommend that you extend these rituals throughout the week. Do some or do all. 1. Join me for Tea and TarotI purposely chose the New Moon for my Tea and Tarot event so that you can get some clear focus for 2022. Tarot is a great way to jump into the dark. Join me for a mini reading in person -OR- via Zoom!
2. Walk it offSagittarius rules the legs so go out for walks or extend your present walk time. Stretch your legs when you feel overwhelmed, frustrated, confused or bored.
3. Dance, Dance, DanceDance clears and focuses the mind and coordinates the body. Dance and get your body, mind and spirit enlivened and aligned.
3. Salt Scrub or Body PolishGo to a spa or DYI a salt scrub. It is a great way to energize yourself and scuffed off the dead skin.
4. Sunbath:Take in the early morning sun. Just after sunrise is sun is warm but not hot. If you are in a warmer climate, go outside and let the sunshine bathe you. If you are in a colder climate, sit in front of sunlight lamp.
5. Gratitude JournalFrom today until the Winter Solstice, make a list daily of the people, things and places that you are grateful for. Feel free to continue the practice beyond the Solstice and for the rest of eternity.
6. DeclutterThis activity seems to make the list often. That is because external clutter is a reflection of our inner state of mind. Free your mind and the rest will follow.
7. Warrior Pose Sagittarius is the wise warrior. In yoga there are several warrior poses and they slow you do so that you can get grounded and centered.
8. Keep Your Eyes OpenI have some special news coming soon with lots of fun and informative playshops, seminars and retreats to support you to live your one wild and precious life.
My blogs speak about the general movement of the planets, so it is what we experience as we all stand under the same sky. Your natal chart, however, reveals your specific SoulMap for this life.
When you refer to your natal chart, you get a clearer picture of what area of your life the Moon energy will highlight.
Follow the steps below to find out what area in your life you are called to focus more on this New Moon. Discover where your Freedom is Afoot!
PART I: Step 1: Cast your natal (birth chart)
1. Go to Astro.com where you can do this for free. There is a tab for “Extended Chart Selection”. You will need your birth day, year, time, and place.
PART II: Find SAGITTARIUS in your natal chart
Do the following steps:
Step 1: Look for the symbol for Sagittarius. It looks like this:
Step 2: Look for it on the outer rim of the natal chart circle
CHART EXAMPLE BELOW:
Step 3. Look for the Astrological House (or life area) that SAGITTARIUS rules.
CHART EXAMPLE BELOW:
- The Black box shows the symbol for SAGITTARIUS
- The Green oval show the house that SAGITTARIUS rules in this person’s natal chart
Step 4: Find the Meaning of the House ruled by SAGITTARIUS
Below to see the meaning for each Astrological House and determine what you need to focus on this New Moon
SAMPLE CHART has SAGITTARIUS on the 6th house
PART III: DISCOVER WHERE YOUR FREEDOM IS AFOOT
This New Moon it is my chance to feel more authentic with fill-in-the-blank
This moon, there is an opportunity for more Freedom in health, daily routine and lifestyle.
There is much more to this. Nevertheless, it is a starting point to provide some idea on your focus this Sagittarius season.
The Beat of the New Moon
Free Your Mind and the rest will follow. Enough said! Now, bring up the Sagittarius energy and dance to this classic En Vogue tune. Howl at the Moon, baby!
Dancing Thoughts Videographer: Jessica Jones
Blog Photo: Pixaby at. Pexels.com